- KSPC established its first independent DIC in August 1997 to disseminate unbiased
drug information to health care professionals. The DIC receives financial aid from the KSPC. The
KSPC DIC is equipped with the latest drug information databases together with reference books
and serves as an invaluable resource for health care professionals.
- The KSPC Drug Information service is available free of charge to healthcare professionals and
other information seekers. By imparting information, KSPCDIC is not promoting self-medication
and promoting any brand.
- 1997 – Established Independent Drug Information Center by State Council
- 1999 – Release of 1st DIC Newsletter
- 1999 – Best paper presentation award under Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy for the poster
presentation on “Awareness Program on Tuberculosis for the Community Pharmacist to
- 2000 - Launch of Publication - Breathing Easier with Asthma
- 2000 – Launch of Publication – Role of Pharmacist for Quality Healthcare co-sponsored by
Karnataka State TB Association
- 2001 - Set up Drug Information Centre and Adverse Drug Reaction Monitoring Centre at
Hospital in co-ordination with Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy.
- 2001 - Registered with IRDIS an International Register of Drug Information Services.
- 2001 - Release of Standard Treatment Guidelines (STG) & Essential Drug List (EDL)
- 2001 – Formal Launch of Rational Use of Drugs program of KSPC under India-WHO Essential
Program & Delhi Society for Promotion of Rational Use of Drugs.
- 2002 - Launch of Publication – Handbook of PharmaSOS
- 2002 – Inauguration of Audio-Visual Aids of Drug Information Center by Sri. Ananth
Hon’ble Union Minister for Urban Development & Poverty Alleviation, Government of India.
- 2003 - Setup Drug Information Center at Bowring Hospital
- 2004 - Launch of Publications – Drug Usage in Special Population – Paediatric and
Pregnancy and Lactation
- 2005 – Member of International Society of Drug Bulletin (ISBD)
- 2005 – Launch of Publication – Pharmacist for Tobacco-Free Future and renamed as Tobacco
Future in 2012
- 2006 - Set up 5 National Drug Information Center under World Health Organisation (WHO) -
Chhattisgarh – Raipur, Goa, Haryana, Rajasthan – Jaipur under the sponsorship of WHO,
- 2007 – ‘First Inter-country Workshop on National Drug Information Services’ for SARC
under the sponsorship of WHO, India
- 2010 - Launch of www.karnatakadruginfo.com
- 2010 - Launch of LED Display Board
- 2014 – Launch of Publication – 2You from My Desk
- August 1997 to 1998 - Mrs. Suma D. V., M. Pharm (Pharmacology) from Government College
- September 1998 to September 2007 – Mrs. P. K. Lakshmi, M.Pharm (Pharmaceutics) from M.S.
- December 1998 to 2004 – Mrs. Sunitha Srinivas, M. Pharm (Pharmaceutical Chemistry) from
Government College of Pharmacy, Bengaluru
- September 2004 to July 2006 – Ms. Triveni P, M. Pharm (Pharmacy Practice), J.S.S.
- January 2007 to April 2008 - Mr. Syed Mohsin Khadri, M. Pharm (Clinical Pharmacy) from
College of Pharmacy, Belgaum
- May 2008 to August 2008 – Ms. Dharani V, M. Pharm (Pharmacy Practice), Visveswarapura
of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bengaluru.
- August 2008 till date – Mr. Samson P George, M. Pharm (Pharmacy Practice), Al-Ameen
- August 1997 till date – Ms. Usha M J, Technical Assistant
- February 1999 to February 2003 – Ms. Jyothi Bhat, Assistant
- 2000 - Mrs. P.K. Lakshmi had undergone five weeks training program on Drug Information
and Clinical Pharmacy Practice from Jan – Feb 2000 at Austin & Repatriation Medical
Center, Melbourne, Australia under Mr. Graeme Vernon, Senior Drug Information
Member of State Drugs and Therapeutic Committee, H&FW, Bangalore.
Advisor to Karnataka State Drug Logistics Warehousing Society (KSDLWS), Bangalore