What is drug information service for?
This service provides up-to-date and unbiased information regarding medicines and
their use. For example, availability, action, price, substitutes, interactions, safety in pregnancy
or lactation, side effects and storage/stability and transportation of drugs, etc.
What is the need of Drug Information Service?
Generally, people have very little knowledge regarding proper and correct use of
medication. This lack of knowledge may become harmful as it may lead to aggravation of disease, more
side effects, less compliance, and even increased cost of therapy. Various studies have shown that
if patients discuss their therapy related problems and concerns with a drug expert-a pharmacist, it
resulted in increased compliance and better treatment outcomes.
Who can take benefit from this service?
A layman and health care professional is equally benefited by the service.
Who answers your query(ies)?
Drug information pharmacist- who is all specialized in drug information answers your
What should I do to ask a query?
Visit drug information centre or correspond completely filled query form either at
address or at web link.
Have you ever struggled with a drug question?
- Raised questions about medicines
- Could this medication be causing an adverse effect?
- What are other product affect prescription medications?
- Will this new prescription interact with any of current medications?
What should I know about my medicine?
- The proper name or identity and indication of your medicine
- How to handle
- Benefit of taking your medicine regularly
- Hazards of missing frequent doses or quitting therapy against medical advice
- Precautions and "must avoid" situations with your medicine
- Dietary precautions and life style modification suggested
- Right time, Right route, Right dose, Right frequency and Right duration of taking your medicine
- Proper storage and keep safe guard condition viz keep out of reach of children
- Proper disposal method
- What are the common side effects and how to handle them
How does your Drug information centre help you?
- Apply and share new information
- Provide information and assist in care
- Educate member of the general public
- Evaluate and disseminate information